Apple released iTunes version 9.1 yesterday which brings in iPad compatibility and support for iBooks. This update enhances iTunes, provides new features and fixes some issues.
Now iTunes is compatible with your forthcoming iPad and supports iBooks.The applications bar which was earlier termed as “Applications” was renamed to “Apps”. It even gives users the ability to rearrange, remove or rename Genius mixes. Seven vulnerabilities in iTunes were patched by this update.
Major features include:
• Sync with iPad to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, books and more on the go
• Organize and sync books you’ve downloaded from iBooks on iPad or added to your iTunes library
• Rename, rearrange, or remove Genius Mixes.
Though the update makes iTunes better but it still feels as the same old bloated music management software.
1. A new “Books” bar has been added which could be viewed while navigating your iPod touch/iPhone.It could be used to sync audiobooks.
2. An option of converting higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC is now available.