An Italian court convicted three Google executives for not responding quickly enough to remove an online video that showed sadistic teenage bullies pummeling and mocking an autistic boy.
The judge sentenced the three in absentia to a six month suspended sentence and absolved them of defamation charges.
Google called this decision ” astonishing” . ” We will appeal this astonishing decision! We are deeply troubled by the decision. It attacks the principles of freedom on which the internet was built” said a Google’s spokesman .
Google Chrome finally has the ability of adding extensions which brought joy to a lot of users. We lay down the top 5 extensions which enhance Chrome and make it fun to use.
1. Chromed Bird – Chromed Bird is an awesome Twitter extension for Google Chrome with lots of features. You could compose a new tweet, check out tweets from your friends, create short URL’s, Notify user whenever new tweets arrive and lots more , all without even going to twitter.com
2. Feedly – Feedly is the best Chrome extension so far. It is even available for Firefox . Feedly is a magazine like startpage for reading your feeds.
3. Wikipedia – Access Wikipedia in a drop down box.
4. Dropbox – DropBox as we all know is the easiest way to store, sync, and, share files online. Now, there is even a chrome extension for it. With the extension, you could view your upload, manage them and even download them to your computer.
5. SimpleNotes – This is as simple as the name sounds. It is a note taking extension whereby you could just quickly take a note without opening NotePad or stuff.
Google updated it’s iPhone app yesterday.
Some of the fixes and improvements are :-
1. Added support for search by voice for iPod touch .
2. Improved stability when using voice on restricted networks.
3. Fix crashes when searching for @.
4. Fix crashes when pasting in search box.
5. Improvements for using voice search on iPod touch .
eBay Seller “heylookitskibbe” put up a huge glass stair which he claims is from Apple’s Fifth Ave. Store.
According to the seller, a part of the Apple $300000 spiral staircase was broken and Apple didn’t want to keep it.
So heylookitskibbe and 3 others lifted it up and now its for sale on eBay. The starting bid is that of $200.
Apple claims that there is an app for just about everything. Sure there are alternatives to some of the apps but sometimes we wish that there was an iPhone app for that particular service.
Do post in the name of the apps you wish was available for the iPhone platform but is currenlty not there.
I say : Feedly
Google just confirmed that its popular service Google Reader is going real time. Until now, it often took half an hour or longer before new posts from popular blogs and news sites would appear in Google Reader.
But from now onwards posts from PubSubHubbub-enabled feeds appear in Google Reader almost immediately after they are published.
We were planning to come up with an iPhone app for TheAppleGoogle and suddenly a thought struck us. What would Apple do if we name our app as “TheAppleGoogle”. Wow, that would be interesting . Would they reject the app or approve it??
Declining so many apps these days , Apple seems to be on a streak and it feels as if they would straight away reject our app due to duplication of functionality and the “g” word in it.
They would say ” REMOVE THE G WORD OR REMOVE THE APP” .