After a couple of developer previews and betas, the OxygenOS 11 stable update has finally rolled out for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
The update includes key features such as the Ambient Display, enhanced Fnatic gaming mode, a dedicated Dark Mode toggle, and automatic settings, fully overhauled Zen Mode, plus tons of the Android 11 privacy enhancements and tweaks.
It was already clear that the OnePlus 8T would come with the stable OxygenOS 11 update – which is based upon Android 11. However, it was unknown whether the OnePlus 8 series would be the first OnePlus smartphone to receive the latest mobile OS update.
The launch of the stable OxygenOS 11 was confirmed in an announcement posted on the official OnePlus Forums. The post talked about the various UI changes and included a significant update changelog. It can be observed below:
OxygenOS 11 stable update changelog for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
OxygenOS 11 has received both “positive and negative” feedback which might cause a split in the fan base. The update will be rolling out first for those who were enrolled on the OxygenOS 11 Beta. For other OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro owners, it will be rolling out in an incremental manner over the coming days.
In addition to OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 8Pro and OnePlus 8, OxygenOS 11 will be available for OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus Nord in the future. Stay tuned for our community posts.
The stable OxygenOS 11 will also be available for the OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6, and OnePlus Nord “in future”.