These days, we are lucky enough to have an online casino with a live Blackjack experience at a touch of a button, in the form of live Blackjack games on our favourite online gambling sites, but it hasn’t always been this way. Blackjack is thought to have originated in France in the 17th century, going by the name “twenty-one” until the early 20th century when “Blackjack” was coined. The rules and regulations of the game have remained fairly similar to the way it began all those years ago, as Blackjack remains one of the most popular cards of all time.
Nowadays, playing a game or two of this classic is easier than ever. Simply go online, find a casino site you like the look of and off you go – it’s as simple as that. However, the argument has been made that playing online isn’t quite the same as sitting in a casino and getting the thrill of interacting with the dealer, and watching the cards be drawn in real-time. Well, not to worry, because a solution was quickly found for that. Online casinos now offer live versions of Blackjack, as well as multiple other table-top and Slots games.
But the question still remains – which is better? Real-life Blackjack or online Blackjack? Keep reading to find out more about the pros and cons of playing these different forms of your casino favourite!
Playing Blackjack online
- Playing online has less distractions than live Blackjack as you can play in your own personal environment, rather than being surrounded by the hustle and bustle of other people trying to earn their own wins.
- Online sites will often use specialised software to randomise the drawing order of their decks, meaning no tampering or card-counting can take place. This ensures a fairer game for all those involved!
- Because of these legitimacy measures, the house edge of online Blackjack is usually a lot slower than the live version, which some like to think increases the players’ chances of winning.
- Online Blackjack offers more variety when it comes to the games; being able to supply various themes and features that would not be possible at a brick-and-mortar casino.
- You can play whenever and wherever you want, making the game 100% more accessible than the live version.
- Some people find that playing online has a lack of camaraderie that sitting alongside fellow gamblers gives them, when playing at a real casino. (Top tip – try online live Blackjack if you want the atmosphere but also the comfort of your own home).
- There is more chance of being scammed online if you don’t do enough research beforehand. You should only ever use trusted sites.
- Some players prefer the physical presence of other players, for both the atmosphere and observing other people’s moves.
- Physically seeing the cards being drawn can make certain players feel surer that the game is being played fairly, and nothing is being hidden. They might like the thought that the casino is protecting both their money and their winnings.
- The pressure of playing Blackjack in a live environment can get to some players and, in turn, affect their decision-making skills in the moment, causing them to end up with a losing hand.
- Similar to the previous point, you may find yourself on a table with far more experienced players, which could be intimating. Also, seeing that an extra layer of strategy could also become confusing.
- Lastly, playing Blackjack in person requires players to be able to get themselves to the location. So, if you’re unable to do so, you can’t play!
However, are you ready for the good news? As we touched on at the beginning of this article, there is a middle ground to be found between these two versions of Blackjack. Online live Blackjack! So head on over to your favourite casino site and explore their live options – you might just like what you find!