Apple is reportedly working on six new iPhone 12 models based on the information provided by analyst Ming Chi Kuo and some other sources. These new iPhone will be 5G compatible and will release around the fall of 2020. The production costs for these iPhones could increase but the Apple won’t increase the prices of these devices compared to the current models.
The company had launched the new iPhone 11 models this year which included the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max ranging from $699 to $1,099. Kuo states that Apple is tackling the production costs by reducing its supply chain expenses and in turn avoiding the fees that it has to pay for the engineering services of the suppliers who will redesigning the metal frame for these new 5G iPhone models.
Its great news for Apple fans as they won’t have to spend more for a new iPhone compared to the 5G Android phones which are very highly priced in the market right now. Rosenblatt Securities has come out with a list of iPhones that could features in the 2020 iPhone lineup:
– iPhone 12 4G: 6.1-inch LCD, dual cameras
– iPhone 12 Pro 4G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
– iPhone 12 Pro 5G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
– iPhone 12 Pro Plus 4G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras, Time-of-Flight 3D sensing capabilities
– iPhone 12 Pro Plus 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
– iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
Although we don’t have complete clarity if Apple is planning to increase the iPhone pricing, it does look like the company wants to have the Premium look on each of these iPhones with the redesigned metal chasis.