WhatsApp has just released an update for its iOS version that now adds voice calling. Voice calling has been available for Android users for a long time now, but Apple iOS users can make use of this as well. Very soon, this will be how everyone will call each other. Both parties need to have the latest version of WhatsApp installed to use voice calling. The new voice calling feature is rolling out slowly.
Although the working is extremely smooth, the voice quality is not so great at the moment. All calls will be made over the internet.
Here’s what’s new in this version:
• WhatsApp Calling: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. Data charges may apply. Note: WhatsApp Calling is rolling out slowly over the next several weeks.
• iOS 8 share extension: Share photos, videos, and links right to WhatsApp from other apps.
• Quick camera button in chats: Now you can capture photos and videos, or quickly choose a recent camera roll photo or video.
• Edit your contacts right from WhatsApp.
• Send multiple videos at once and crop and rotate videos before sending them.
You can just go to the App Store to update it or update it from here.