To SetUp HandOff feature ensure the below:
- Both the iOS and OS X device on which Handoff feature is being set up should be in same Wi-Fi network
- Enable Bluetooth and WiFi on both iOS and OS X devices.
- They should be logged on to the same iCould Account
- Ensure Safari is not in Private mode
Steps to Set Up HandOff
- In your OS X device go to “System preferences” —> “General”. Enable/Click on “Allow handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices”.
- In your iOS 8 device, go to “Settings” —> “General” —> Handoff & Suggested Apps. Enable Hand off.
- Now in your Mac device go to FaceTime and from the top menu select preferences. Enable/Click iPhone cellular calls.
After Set Up now check if the HandOff feature is working or not
On Mac by: Opening a new web page on Safari on your iOS device. A new Safari icon with a small mobile icon in the corner will show on the dock.
On iOS by: Opening a new web page on Mac. This will show a Safari icon on the bottom left of the iOS lock screen.
Image Credit: Gottabemobile.com