Parallels desktop is a software company that has been with Mac for a long time. It allows users to use Windows application on Mac without installing Windows OS by creating a virtual environment on the Mac. Today, Parallels launched the latest version of their Parallels Desktop, Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. The upgrade for existing users is available from today and new customers can download it from August 26.
Besides offering new features and enhancements, Parallels Desktop 10 provides support for Mac’s next Operating System OS X Yosemite. It also extends support for Yosemite’s features related to iCloud Drive and iPhoto Library. In addition, Parallels Desktop 10 assures a 30 percent better battery life and performance speed optimisations.
Features of Parallels Desktop 10 include:
- Get ready for OS X Yosemite (10.10) You’ll enjoy cool new features of Yosemite in your Windows apps
- Open Windows documents 48% faster!
- Best performance ever – up to 50% faster and 30% longer battery life
- Disk Space Wizard reclaims disk space in a few easy clicks when you need it most
- Virtual Machines use less memory, helping you get the most out of your Mac
- Mac native “Share” to Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo etc. in Windows applications
For regular users: $79.99
For Students: $39.99
Upgrade price for users on Parallels Desktop 8 or 9: $49.99