Google Shifts Google I/O Registration Date
Google has shifted the dates for registration to Google I/O, instead of having registrations open from April 8 to April 10, now developers can register from April 15 to April 18. As shared by Google I/O on their Google Plus page the reason for the delay is because they are trying to make the process easier.
Update on Google I/O Registration Window — opening next week:
We’re still working to make the registration process even easier for you, and it will now be open four days starting next week (opening next Tuesday and closing Friday). After the registration window closes, applicants will randomly be selected and we’ll send ticket purchase confirmation emails shortly thereafter.
Unlike the previous times of giving tickets on first-come, first-serve basis, this time the tickets will be given randomly, more like a lottery system – similar to what Apple is doing with WWDC. The event will be at Moscone Center, San Francisco on June 25 and June 26.
A few things to note before you apply:
- General ticket is $900 per person, and for the students it is $300 per student.
- You’ll need a Google+ and Google Wallet account to register
- You’ll need to pre-authorize the payment, if selected, you’ll be charged automatically
- Only one non transferable ticket per person
- In case you can’t attend post getting selected, you can request refund till June 1.
- You’ll have to carry your photo-id to receive your badge when you check in at Google I/O