How To Tether Your iPad To A Wi-Fi Hotspot
If you have an iPad which is not 3G/4G compatible then surfing the internet on the go isn’t easy. Also, not every hotel, café or restaurant has Wi-Fi. And if they do you almost always have to pay for it. But if you also own an iPhone you can turn it into a Wi-Fi hotspot and tether your iPad to it. Below are the steps on how to achieve this.
Note: If you tether your iPad to your iPhone you may incur data download cost as per your phone contract. Also, confirm with your network provider regarding any additional charges before you begin the process to tether.
- Go to the Settings screen on your iPhone and turn Personal Hotspot option on. If this option is greyed out, it’s possible that your Mobile Data setting is turned off. You will need to turn Mobile Data on to enable Personal Hotspot.
- You’ll receive a pop-up window which alerts you to Bluetooth being Off. Turn Bluetooth on by selecting that option from the pop-up window.
- You’ll be presented with a Wi-Fi password on the Personal Hotspot window. Copy this password or note it down.
- Now, on your iPad, go to the Settings screen and enable Wi-Fi.
- You’ll see a list of available Wi-Fi networks including your iPhone.
- Once you select your iPhone from the list you’ll be prompted for a password. Enter the password you had noted earlier from your iPhone.
- Your iPad will now be tethered to your iPhone. This can be confirmed by the chain-link icon which will replace the Wi-Fi icon on the top left of the screen. You can now use your iPad for online activities.