Atrium For Android Is An Alternate Facebook Experience
Social networking is on the rise. On the Google play Store, you’ll find a ton of Twitter clients, like Carbon for twitter, Tweedle, Tweetdeck, etc., but there really isn’t a diverse catalog of Facebook clients. Enter Atrium, the newest in Facebook clients, still in its preliminary stages, but still provides a great experience while using Facebook.
It features a really clean and minimal user interface, following Google’s HOLO guidelines, with its own twist. On the main screen, you find three tabs, News, which, obviously, displays your Facebook news feed with news from all your friends and like pages. In the friends tab, you can see all your friends, which ones are online, and their updates etc., and on the last tab, Chat, you can chat with your Facebook contacts, whether they are online or not. This also gives you access to your previous Facebook chat history.
A few miscellaneous features include emoticons, rage faces for use in chatting, and also that it gives you high resolution images, if your device supports that. It also includes Multiple Language support.
Here is a features list:
• Instantly see who’s online on Facebook;
• Explore your friends’ profiles, including photos, videos and timeline;
• Share status updates, photos and videos;
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts;
• View hi-res photos directly in the news feed;
• One-click access to comments and likes in the news feed;
• Send instant messages to your friends (even when they are offline);
• Express your emotions with cool smileys and rage faces;
• Quickly access your complete Facebook chat history;
• One-click access to your most recent conversations;
• Check-in at interesting places all around the world;
• No additional fees, 100% free!
Now, be aware, this app is still in its early stages, and the developer is working hard to iron out any bugs as fast as possible. The App is now available on Google Play and can be downloaded from here for free.