Finally. After months of leaks and debates, Facebook has finally released an App for iPad users. As The New York Times reports, Facebook has managed to clear out all bugs and is ready to release their App to iPad users. The App should be available for free to users globally shortly on the App Store. The App will allow you to access Facebook directly without having to open your browser, and also allow you to watch photos, profiles, videos, and your Facebook news feed right from your iPad within taps using gestures.
Along with the App, Facebook is also launching “Platforms” for mobile that will allow developers to integrate their Apps with Facebook. With bookmarks, developers of existing Apps for iOS will be able to integrate Facebook natively. The App is available here, get it now!
Here are the complete listing of the features mentioned –
Facebook for iPad
With high-res photos, games, chat and more, now you can get the best of Facebook—on your iPad.
– Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos are high-res and easy to flip through, like a real photo album
– Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to move from one screen to another
– Play games on the go: Access your favorite Facebook apps and games, wherever you are
– Focus on what matters: Zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories
– Never lose your place: Share a photo, update your status or send a message without leaving News Feed
– See who’s nearby: Check out the Nearby map to see what your friends are up to
Facebook for iPhone
Facebook for iPhone lets you stay connected and share with friends on the go. Start a chat, keep up with friends’ photos and status updates, look up a phone number, upload photos to Facebook and more—right from your iPhone.
What’s New in Version 4.0
With improved search and browsing, the facebook.com features you use most are now just a touch away. It’s a faster, fuller Facebook for iPhone.
– Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
– Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, and swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed
– Bookmarks: Your groups, pages and apps are all in your left-hand menu, and the ones you use most are right on top
– Search: Search for anything on Facebook—people, apps, pages and more—without having to click around or switch views
– Security: We’ve added a few updates to make the app more secure