According to Steve Jobs, Flash is a technology that is going to become obsolete in a few years and HTML5 would become the next big thing. He believes that Flash makes devices slow, prone to crashes and drains battery life and therefore Apple decided not to use Flash on iPods, iPhones and iPads.
The guy who is behind JailbreakMe and Spirit has managed to run Flash on iPhone 4. Thanks to Comex, you could now enjoy rich Flash content on a retina display. Frash would let you run any Flash content including a lot of popular Facebook games on your iPhone 4.
To install Frash, follow the guide below –
NOTE – PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR IPHONE DURING THE PROCESS.
1. Firstly, you need to jailbreak your iPhone 4. Follow the guide mentioned here to jailbreak your iPhone 4 using JailbreakMe.
2. Launch Cydia, tap on the Search bar and search for OpenSSH. Install OpenSSH and reboot your iPhone.
3. Connect the iPhone to your computer, don’t run iTunes.
4. On a Mac, download and install CyberDuck. On a PC, download and install WinSCP and enter the following details to login to your iPhone.
• Server: The IP address of your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Settings –> WiFi –>
• Username: root
• Password: alpine
• Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
• Hostname: The IP address of your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Setting –> WiFi –>
• User name: root
• Password: alpine
• Protocol: SCP
(NOTE – IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR SSH PASSWORD FOR SECURITY REASONS, ENTER THE CHANGED PASSWORD INSTEAD OF ALPINE)
5. Download Frash-0.02.deb
6. Navigate to /var/root/Media directory and create a folder named “Cydia”. Inside this Cydia folder, create another folder and name it “AutoInstall”.
7. Copy over the Frash-0.02.deb file in this “AutoInstall” folder.
8. Reboot your iPhone and visit any Flash based site to enjoy the Flash experience on your iPhone 4.