Top 5 Get a Mac Ads
The Ads campaign started by Apple – ‘Get a Mac’ charmed a lot of users. The Ads were a response to PC’s and showed why a Mac is better than a PC. It encouraged users to Get a Mac instead of a PC as Mac’s are faster, runs Microsoft Office and Windows, do not get viruses, does not crash or give headaches. Justin Long, who plays Mac in the Get a Mac Ads has reportedly told ‘The Onion’ that these hilarious, witty and ingenious Ads might be done. Now, Apple has also removed these Ads from the website and instead put up “Why You’ll love a Mac”.
That’s sad news, the Get a Mac Ad campaign that started from 2006 and lasted till date has come to an end.
The Top 5 Ads which we loved are -
1. Broken Promises – The best ever ‘Get a Mac’ Ad according to us – PC tells Mac that Windows 7 is here and it won’t have any other problems Vista had. Mac seems to have heard that before.
2. Security – Features Vista’s UAC and the security features which always pop up and ask whether to allow a particular application to run or not.
3. Pizza Box – PC tries to catch college students by offering them a free Pizza.
4. Accident – Mac boasts about its less wires whereas PC has so many wires that caused an accident.
5. Stacks – PC searches for his friend’s photo by looking into every single photo whereas Mac says that facial recognition in iPhoto could easily find pictures of his friend.
PC finally gives it up to Mac.
Apple’s strategy to position the iPad and the iPhone as replacements of the netbook and blackberry, is great.